1/2 Large Butternut Squash/Pumpkin
2-3 Springs Thyme
2tbsp Olive Oil
3tbsp Cream/Coconut Milk
Large Handful Baby Spinach
1/2 Large Onion
1 Clove Garlic
250mls Vegetable Stock
Salt and Pepper to Season
Pasta of your choice.
Feta Cheese to finish
1. Begin by peeling the butternut squash / pumpkin and removing the seeds. Chop into small cubes and place into a baking tray with a good seasoning of salt and pepper, a tbsp olive oil and a few thyme leaves. Toss to coat and place in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until soft.
2. Once the pumpkin is cooked and cooled, place 3/4 into a food processor (reserving a few to sprinkle over at the end) with the cream and paprika and blend into a thick puree. Add a pinch of salt and pepper if needed.
3. Place your pasta into boiling water and cook according to packet instructions.
4. Whilst the pasta is cooking, finely chop the onion and place into a frying pan with the remaining olive oil, salt and pepper and a crushed garlic clove. Cook on a medium heat until softened (take care not to burn the garlic). Once the onions and garlic are cooked and soft, add the puree into the pan and combine. Add the vegetable stock and cook for 5 minutes to reduce slightly and thicken up. Add the spinach leaves to the sauce and the cooked pasta and toss lightly together.
5. Divide the pasta onto the plates and finish with a few remaining cubes of roasted pumpkin, a crumble of feta and twist of black pepper!